By the arrival of 1992 the British nationalist scene was coming along nicely albeit a bit staid. The London based organisers of Blood & Honour decided to put a show bigger and better than all previous. Concerts in Europe seemed more successful than those held in England. 12th September 1992 was the date and this time massive efforts were made to publicly advertise the concert on a size never seen since the Main Event gig of three years ago. Posters, featuring a pair of Doc Martin boots with the words ‘Skrewdriver – Back in London’ emblazoned across them were put up all over the UK. The meeting point was also listed as Waterloo Train Station in central London. News of the concert was spreading and within a matter of days all kinds of left-wing and anti-fascist groups were calling for the event to be stopped. The concert organisers had concentrated on securing the hall and keeping security tight about the actual location of the venue. Even Ian Stuart didn’t know its whereabouts.

Ian and the band met up with Blood and Honour organisers at a motorway service station then set off towards Eltham in south-east London. By now news was coming in of trouble at Waterloo. Kirk Barker, B & H Chief of Security had been arrested on his arrival at Waterloo station and he was the key to gig security. This caused some confusion among the arriving skinheads. Before re-grouping the skinheads had been attacked by a mob of left-wing activists. With bottles and bricks raining in from everywhere. Back on Waterloo Bridge the skinheads joined up with some soccer casuals who were also heading for the concert. Surprising the anti-nazi demonstrators grouped in front of them the high spirited nationalists charged at the left-wing scum and managed to regain some ground before the Police moved in to separate the fighting groups. All trains to and from Waterloo were cancelled and Waterloo Bridge was brought to a stand still as running battles ensued around the area. One Policeman on the scene told the Press “It was like general Custards last stand.” Two policemen were hospitalised, 33 arrests were made, most being communist demonstrators, and two cars were badly damaged. The whole incident made the national news. It was estimated that there were about two thousand supporters in London to see the concert. The biggest showing for an RAC event in Britain ever! However only a quarter of this number made it on to the concert venue. Those who did found Ian at his best. The two other bands on the bill were No Remorse and Dirlewanger from Sweden both had just returned from playing in California the previous day. Ian was fired-up and ready to do a performance not seen in years. On stage Ian let fire with every song was preceded by a tirade against the Police, the demonstrators and the Left-wingers who had physically attacked him in Nottingham the previous night. Ian Stuart later on said in an interview “It was a shame that the Police acted so illegally again by shutting down the mainline train station and trying to stop people from getting to the concert. The should not have allowed the Left wing demonstration on the day because it was obvious they were only there to cause trouble”.

Nicky Crane was the name that struck fear into anti-nazi’s and leftwing scum everywhere. The skinhead muscle man had a reputation for violence and had been involved in the scene since before Skrewdriver’s reformation in the early eighties. Based in South East London where he ran the Crayford branch of the British Movement. In 1981 Crane received a 4 year prison sentence for his part in a race riot in Woolwich in which a black gang was ambushed getting off a train. He joined Skrewdriver Security when released. Not only had he terrorised the streets of south east London but his reputation earned him the respect of east London Skinheads whom he rallied for a battle at Jubilee gardens in the June of 1984 when the Red Skins got a kicking. In 1988 rumours were circulating that Crane had been seen at homosexual gay pride event and rumours surfaced that he was that he was a secret queer boy. Ian Stuart wouldn’t believe any of it, as there was no evidence for this allegation. Crane had done a good job for Skrewdriver, and as Chief of security, and as a cover artist for Hail the New Dawn and After the Fire albums. Admittedly he worked for the protection agency Gentle Touch and as such was able to shrug off any connection with the London Gay scene as ‘just part of his security job’. However in around 1989 Crane disappeared from the scene. Security duties passed to Cat. But in the end of July 1992 Channel 4 television broadcast a programme called Out – Fascist or Fetish. In which Nicky Crane (or Nichola Crane as he was now nicknamed within the B & H) and various other homosexuals deviants explained why they were attracted to the skinhead scene. Ian was over in Belgium at this time and Crane used what few contacts he had left to find out and call Ian there. He apologised to Ian and said that Searchlight had been on to him for information. He promised Ian that he’d not betray him or his racist beliefs, Ian’s reply was a “yeah, right” and that was it. The two never talked again. Ian said “I feel more betrayed by him than probably anybody else, because he was the head of our security. I actually used to stick up for him when people used to say that he was a queer, because he convinced me that he wasn’t. I always used to ask him why he worked at these gay clubs, telling him that he’d get a bad name. He used to say that it was the security firm that he used to work with, that they used to give him the jobs there. I accepted him at face value, as he was a nationalist. I was fooled the same as everybody else. Perhaps more than everybody else. I felt I was betrayed by him and I want nothing to do with him whatsoever. He’s dug his own grave as far as I’m concerned. He has actually been in touch with me after the program was aired, he wanted to assure me that he wouldn’t sell out the nationalist cause, which I wouldn’t expect him to do anyway, considering that he went through so many things for nationalism. It’s a big shame that he turned out to be a homosexual because he could have been a good nationalist. It just goes to show that nationalism and homosexuality do not fit in together, because Nationalism is a true cause and homosexuality is a perversion. Nicky Crane left, and I think that it was the best thing he could have done, but he should have left a hell of a lot earlier. He was living a lie for all of them years. I’ve got no respect for the bloke anymore.” Some 18 months later Crane had slowly wasted away and died from an AIDS related illness. The B & H and skinhead scene deleted Nicky Crane from its memory to forget he ever existed.

Towards the end of the year Ian was back visiting Blackpool with Diane and became embroiled in a dispute with a man in a nightclub. Diane was complaining that the man was getting too friendly with her and when he turned up again at a chip shop Ian let him have it. It was not a serious fight, certainly by Ian’s standards, but the police arrested them all the same. On being released Ian was surprised to hear that he would have to return to face charges. Again Ian put this down to a conspiracy to silence him. More bad news was the monthly cheques from Skrewdriver Services seemed to be getting smaller and smaller, which was most unusual as business was good. It was finally discovered that the man in charge of Skrewdriver Services merchandises, a Neil Parrish, had disappeared and left orders amounting to £6,000 worth of goods. This money went with him. Ian later wrote a song about Neil’s treachery in the song, Renegade which appeared on Hail Victory album.